Recent Search Keywords
Visa Types and Requirements
- Visa Types and Requirements
- Tourist Visa
- Tourist Visa on arrival
- Tourist Visa for US Nationals
- Medical Visa
- Business Visa
- Employment Visa
- Student Visa
- Journalist Visa
- Conference Visa
- Transit Visa
- Visa for Pak Nationals
- Visa for Foreign Nationals of Pakistani Origin
- Visa for Bangladeshi Nationals
- Visa for Sri Lankan Nationals
- Visa for UK Nationals
- Visa for Muzambique Nationals
- Diplomats and Officials
Visa Types and Requirements
Foreign nationals intending to visit India for tourism are allowed to enter into India on tourist visa through chartered flights (for group tourism) from October 15, 2021 and as individual tourist from November 15, 2021.(2).In no case the foreign nationals will be allowed to enter into India through Land ICPs / Riverine routes on e-Tourist Visa/ Tourist Visa. (3) Covid-19 related guidelines of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India shall be strictly adhered to www.mohfw.gov.in Please note that existing physical visas issued to Afghan Nationals stands cancelled with immediate effect. Afghan nationals are advised to apply afresh for e-emergency X-Misc. Visa on e-visa portal at https://indianvisaonline.gov.in. Afghan nationals going to India on e-emergency X-Misc. Visa will have to mandatorily register with the FRRO/FRO concerned within 07(seven) days of arrival in India
All foreign nationals entering India are required to possess a valid international travel document with a minimum remaining validity of six months in the form of a national passport or any other internationally recognized travel document like UN Laissez Faire for establishing his / her nationality with a valid visa obtained from an Indian Mission or Post abroad. Nationals of Nepal, Bhutan and Maldives are however, exempted from this requirement.Ban on Use of Thuraya / Irridium Satellite Phones in India
The use of Thuraya / Irridium Satellite Phones is banned in India. It is for the information of all those visiting India to not carry the Thuraya / Irridium Satellite Phones with them. Those caught with these phones will be punished as per the local laws in India.
- Press Release Dated - 01 March 2018, Embassy of India, KuwaitPlease ensure the following while submitting your application.
- Passport should be valid for a minimum period of six months beyond the date of intended departure from India and should have at least two blank pages. Fee once paid is not refundable.
- Applicants may log on to the Public portal at https://indianvisaonline.gov.in. After successful on-line submission, the hard copy, so generated, has to be signed by the applicant and submitted with supporting documents in accordance with the type of visa along with the applicable fee in cash at any of the outsource centres. (Form Filling Services are available at the BLS Center)
- It is essential that applicants fill in their personal details as exactly available in their passports. Mismatch of any of the personal details would lead to non-acceptance of the application. Fees once paid are non-refundable. All children would have to obtain separate visa on their respective passports.
- Passport in original and photocopy of the first five pages, visa page and address page to be submitted.
- Copy of Residence Proof / ID card issued by Kuwait Government. (Photocopy services are available at the BLS center).
- Paste one photo with white background of the size 35mm X 45mm and staple another on the application form. (Photograph services are available at the BLS center)
- The application form should be filled in English only and ensure that all columns are filled neatly and correctly. Incomplete applications and those which lack details will be summarily rejected.
- Special Visa application forms should be filled in by citizens of Pakistan (3 copies with 3 photos).
- Each visa application is considered on its merits and may ask for additional information at any stage during the processing of the application. Submission of application along with prescribed fee does not guarantee issuance of visa.
- Applicants who are not residents of Kuwait and hold a tourist visa for Kuwait should normally apply for Indian visas in the countries of their permanent residence. In case of emergency or special circumstances, an application could be made at the Embassy with documents requiring him / her Indian visa. In addition to the relevant visa fee, they should remit an additional KD 6.000 for reference to be made to the country of their original residence. The processing time in such cases is usually 6-7 working days.
- Visa is given for a period for which passport is valid. For example, if a passport is valid until April 30, 2017 and an applicant is applying for 5 years visa on Oct. 31, 2014, the applicant will not be issued a 5 years visa as the passport expires before the 5 years visa.
- Validity of all visas is counted from the date of the issue of visa and not from the date of entry into India.
- The Embassy may ask for additional documents, if needed, while processing the application for visa.
- Registration with the concerned FRRO / FRO is compulsory within 14 days of first arrival in India if such an endorsement appears on the visa.
- Diplomatic / Official and Special Kuwaiti Passport visa applications will continue to be received at the Embassy as per the established procedure.
- Indian-Citizenship and PIO related enquiries will be handled at the Embassy telephonically or in person and then applications may be submitted at the Embassy.