Recent Search Keywords
- Call us: +852-58195329
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employment Visa
Who can apply?
Employment Visa is issued to highly skilled and qualified professionals who are taking up assignment/employment with companies registered in India. An authenticated copy of the Employment contract and proof of registration of the employing organisation are to be furnished. Employment Visa is granted initially for a period of six monthss or for the duration of the employment contract. Further extension, if necessary, may be granted by the relevant Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO) in India.
Those going for volunteer work should also apply for Employment Visa.
Please note : If the applicant has not been a resident of HK for more than 2 years, he is not eligible to apply from HK.
Employment visa is only granted to an applicant who is highly skilled and / or qualified professional and is not granted for unskilled, routine, ordinary or secretarial / clerical jobs. The foreign national being sponsored for an Employment Visa in any sector should draw a salary of more than Indian rupees 16.25 lakhs per annum. All applicants may please note that employment visa is granted only if the applicant is being paid salary in India by the Indian company.
Employment Visa may be granted to the persons coming to India for employment in a company/firm/organization registered in India or for employment in a foreign company /firm/organization engaged for execution of some project in India; Persons engineers/technicians coming to India for installation and commissioning of equipments/machines/tools in terms of the contract for supply of such equipment/machine/tools; Persons personnel deputed for providing technical support/services, transfer of know-how/ services supplies for which the Indian company pays fees/royalty to the foreign company; Persons coming to India as consultant on contract for whom the Indian company pays a fixed remuneration (this may not be in the form of monthly salary); Persons artists engaged to conduct regular performances for the duration of the employment contract given by Hotels, Clubs, and other organizations; Persons who are coming to India to take up employment as coaches of national/state level teams or reputed sports clubs; Persons sportsmen who are given contract for a specified period by the Indian Clubs/organizations; Self-employed Persons coming to India for providing engineering, medical, accounting, legal or such other highly skilled services in their capacity as independent consultants provided the provision of such services by foreign nationals is permitted under law; language teachers/interpreters; specialist Chefs; those going to India to India for Employment in NGOs or doing Volunteer work with NGOs. Following documents are to be submitted along with visa application form:
- One printed copy of the online visa application form duly signed on both pages.
- One recent photograph as per photo specifications
- Original passport with at least two blank pages and minimum 6 months validity
- Copy of profile page of passport. If applicant is holding dual/multiple nationality, copy of profile page of all passports
- Copy of Hong Kong/Macau ID for residents and copy of valid HK/Macau visa for non residents
- Offer of appointment from the employer in India clearly mentioning the profile of the employer and complete details of the profile & passport of the applicant
- Copy of employment contract mentioning terms and conditions, including nature of job, details of emoluments, tax related issues signed by both employer and prospective employee
- Letter from Indian employer stating/justifying requirement to recruit the position from outside India
- Copy of registration of company/Institute in India
- Recommendation from Hong Kong/Macau Company (in case of transfer/secondment)
- Resume/C.V. showing qualification and work experience of the applicant.
- Self undertaking as per Form-II regarding use of satellite phone
- General self undertaking as per Form-III
- Form-V providing additional details required for employment visa
Employment Visa for Dependents of persons holding Employment Visa
Dependents of employment visa applicants can apply for employment visa (Dependent). Documents required are as mentioned for employment Visa and proof of relationship and dependency
Applicants are advised to submit Visa applications minimum 15 days in advance of their travel plans.
Visa fee schedule
NOTE: At Indian Visa, Passport and Consular Services Hong Kong, We DO NOT ACCEPT 1000 (One Thousand) HKD NOTE.
Employment Visa fee schedule
(Visas are issued based on approval of application.)
- BLS service charges: HKD 47
VISA FEE SCHEDULE FOR ALL NATIONALITIES OTHER THAN AS SPECIFIED BELOW IN S.NO. 14 to 28
|SNO||Type||Duration||Entries||Visa Fee in HKD (including ICWF HKD24/-)|
|1||Employment/ Project||upto 6 M||S/M||950|
|6M to 1 Y||M||1567|
|1Y to 5Y||M||2338|
|2||Missionary||upto 6 M||S/M||642|
|6M to 1 Y||M||950|
|1Y to 5Y||M||1567|
|3||Mountaineering||upto 6 M||S/M||642|
|6M to 1 Y||M||950|
|4||Film||upto 1 Y||S/M||850|
|5||For Afghanistan, Argentina (restricted to tourist, business and transit visa only) , Bangladesh, DPR Korea, Jamaica, Maldives, Mauritius, Mongolia, South Africa and Uruguay (restricted to tourist visa only) nationals:|
|All types of visa (except restiction as mentioned above)||24|
|6||For Pakistani nationals:|
|All types of visa||35|
|7||For Singapore nationals:|
|For all other types of visas, general visa fee will be applicable|
|8||For Japanese nationals:|
|All other types of visa for Japanese nationals||86|
|9||For UK nationals:|
|Employment visa upto 6 months||3573|
|Employment visa upto 1 year||3881|
|Employment visa above 1 year||4629|
|Emergency visa charges||687|
|10||For Nigerian nationals:|
|All types of visa||1953|
|11||For US nationals:|
|Compulsory additional visa application fee for all types of visa (except Tourist and Business visas)||155|
|12||For Ukrainian nationals:|
|Employment visa up to 6 M||950|
|Employment visa up to 1 yr||1567|
|Employment visa above 1 yr||2338|
|All other visas (entry, conference, journalist etc.)|
|Up to 6 months||680|
|Up to 1 year||1027|
|less than 5 years||1567|
|Emergency visa fee||656|
|13||For Russian nationals: All types of visa|
|14||For Sri Lanka Nationals|
|Employment Visa||1 year (Multiple entry)||1235|
|15||For Mozambique Nationals|
|All other types visas (Except Transit and Student)||up to 6 months||1721|
|up to 6 months ( in Emergency)||2338|
|up to one year||2338|
|up to one year (in Emergency)||2338|
|Up to 5 year||2338|
|up to 5 year (in Emergency)||2338|
|16||Seychelles (all types except Employment/ Work Visa)||24|
|17||Myanmar nationals (all types of visa)||0|
|18||Business visa fee for nationals of following countries|
|Country Name||up to 1yr||up to 5yrs|
|19||Employment visa fee for nationals of following countries|
|Country Name||Up to 6M||Up to 1yr||Up to 5yrs|
Entry (X) Visa can be issued to the applicant's dependent family members on production of proof of their relationship (i.e. Marriage Certificate in case of spouse and Birth Certificate in case of children).
Employment Visa FAQs
1. Employment Visa designated as 'E' VisaQ1. What is an Employment Visa?
Q.2. Who are eligible for Employment Visa?
Q.3. What is the duration of an Employment Visa?
Q.4. What documents are required to be submitted alongwith application for Employment Visa?
Q.5. Which category of Visa will be granted to family members of foreign nationals coming to India on Employment?
Q.6. Whether a foreign company/organization that does not have any Office/subsidiary/joint venture/branch office in India can sponsor a national/employee of a foreign company for Employment Visa?
Q.7. Whether an Indian company/organization which has awarded a contract for execution of a project to a foreign company that does not have any base in India, can sponsor employee of foreign company for Employment Visa?
Q.8. If the Indian organization/entity sponsors an Employment Visa, does this mean that the Indian organization/entity has to necessarily be the legal employer of the person?
Q.9. Which category of Visa will be granted to the foreign language teachers/interpreters?
Q.10. Which category of Visa will be granted to the foreign specialist Chefs?
Q.11 Which type of Visa would be granted to senior management personnel and/or specialists employed by foreign firms who are relocated to India to work on specific project/management assignment?
Q.12 What is the format for applying for Business Visa or Employment Visa?
Ans. 1. Employment Visa is granted to foreigners desiring to come to India for purpose of employment, subject to following conditions:-
- (i) The applicant is a skilled and qualified professional or person who is being engaged or appointed by a company, organization, industry, or undertaking, etc. in India on contract or employment basis at a senior level, skilled position such as technical expert, senior executive, or in a managerial position, etc.
- (ii) Employment Visa is not granted for jobs for which large numbers of qualified Indians are available.
- (iii) Employment Visa is not granted for routine, ordinary or secretarial/clerical jobs.
- (iv) The Employment Visa must be issued from the country of origin, or from the country of domicile of the foreigner provided the period of permanent residence of that applicant in that particular country is for more than 2 years.
- (v) The Indian company/organization engaging foreign nationals for executing projects/contracts would be responsible for the conduct of the foreign national during their stay in India and also for the departure of such foreign national upon expiry of Visa.
- (vi) A foreign national will have to comply with all other requirements like payment of tax liabilities, etc.
Ans. 2. Subject to the conditions enumerated in Question B5 above, the following will be eligible for Employment Visa:-
- (i) Foreign nationals coming to India for execution of a project/contract [irrespective of the duration of the visit].
- (ii) Foreign nationals who are coming to India on short visits to customer location to repair any plant or machinery as part of warranty or annual maintenance contracts.
- (iii) Foreign engineers/technicians coming to India for installation and commissioning of equipments/machines/toolsin terms of the contract for supply of suchequipment/machine/tools.
- (iv) Foreign experts coming to India for imparting training for the personnel of the Indian company.
- (v) Foreign personnel deputed for providing technical support/services, transfer of know-how, services supplies for which the Indian company pays fees/royalty to the foreign company.
- (vi) Foreign nationals coming to India as consultant on contract for whom the Indian company pays a fixed remuneration, (may not be in the form of monthly salary).
- (vii) Foreign artists engaged to conduct regular performances for the duration of the employment contract given by Hotels, Clubs, other organizations.
- (viii) Foreign nationals who are coming to India to take up employment as coaches.
- (ix) Foreign sportsmen who are given contract for a specified period by the Indian Clubs/organizations.
- (x) Self-employed foreign nationals coming to India for providing engineering, medical, accounting, legal or such other highly skilled services in their capacity as independent consultants.
Ans. 3. A foreign national coming to India for employment may initially be granted an Employment Visa by the Indian Missions abroad upto one year. The first extension, if necessary, would be granted by MHA. Further extensions, if required, can be granted by concerned State Government/FRO upto maximum period of five years from the date of issue of the Visa. Foreigners coming on Employment Visa are required to register with concerned FRRO/FRO within two weeks from the date of arrival.
- (i) The foreign national must have a valid travel document and a re-entry permit, if required under the law of the country concerned.
- (ii) The foreign national must submit proof of his/her employment or contract or engagement by the company/organization, etc. in India.
- (iii) The foreign national must submit documentary proof of his educational qualifications and professional expertise.
Ans. 5. In respect of family members of a foreign national who is granted 'E' Visa, Indian Missions may grant an 'X' Visa [i.e. Dependent Visa]. The validity of the 'X' Visa could be co-terminus with the validity of the Visa of the principal Visa holder or for such shorter duration as may be considered necessary by the Indian Mission, subject to usual security checks provided the family members are otherwise eligible for grant of such a Visa.
Ans. 12. The application forms for Business Visa and Employment Visa are available on the website and/or offices of the Indian Missions in respective countries.
FAQs clarifying details in respect of these types of visas can also be viewed either on the Indian Mission's website or on Ministry of Home Affairs website: www.mha.nic.in.
In case of any difficulty relating to obtaining a visa, the applicant may contact the Indian Mission concerned or Joint Secretary(CPV), Ministry of External Affairs on the e-mail address: email@example.com.
For general queries or clarifications regarding visa issues, the applicant may (where necessary information is not available with the Mission) also contact Deputy Secretary (Foreigners), Ministry of Home Affairs on the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.