Recent Search Keywords
- Talk to Expert +965 22211228
- Email Us: Info.firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Grievance, Click
- New Passport for 10 Years - Renew/Reissue of Passports/Jumbo Passport (60 pages)
- New Passport for Minor below 18 years
- New Passport in lieu of Lost/Damage Passport
- New Passport with Change of Name (Major)
- New Passport with Change of Name (Minor)
- Passport for New Born Baby
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Miscellaneous Services (Change of Address, Addition of Spouse Name, ECR Deletion. Exhaution of Visa Pages)
Passport Types and Requirements
- All applicants should submit the application form in person for identification. Even minors and new born babies are required to be present while applying.
- One of the parent must accompany the minor child at the time of application submission. Passports of both the parents must be present.
- All applicants are required to fill online application form at https://embassy.passportindia.gov.in. (Form Filling services are available in the BLS center for a fee of 0.300 fills).
- Application for the service in any other form is not acceptable. All signatures in the application form should be with ballpoint pen of black or blue ink. Those who cannot affix their signature like infants, minors or illiterates should put their thumb impression in place of signature (male should use left hand thumb impression and female should use right hand thumb impression). The duly filled in form should be accompanied with appropriate fee.
- All applications are to be accompanied with a photocopy of the prescribed pages of the passport-first two pages, last page and the page containing valid visa. A copy of ID card / residence card also to be enclosed. (Photocopy services are available at the BLS center).
- The applicant should fill the surname column and the given name column correctly.
- The signature of the applicant should exactly fit in the prescribed column (35mm x 45mm).
- In the permanent address (in India) column, please ensure that there is complete postal address including pin code written legibly.
- All copies of documents should be self-attested. (Which means it must have the date and your signature).
- Additional documents may be needed for verification depending upon the documents submitted and is subject to the Embassy’s sole discretion.
- An ordinary passport is valid for ten years from the date of issue. However, the Passport Issuing Authority (PIA) can issue passport even for a shorter duration. Minors are issued passports for 5 years or up to attaining 18 years, whichever is earlier.
- Delivery of the serviced document would be done, preferably, to the applicant himself /herself or to the person authorized by the applicant in writing and accompanied with the official receipt given to him / her at the time of submission of the application for service.
- The scale of fee for renewal and various passport related services and all kinds of miscellaneous services on passport are prescribed by the Government of India from time to time and are subject to change. Please note all fees mentioned on website are excluding ICWF charges.
- Original passport must be submitted along with the application for all types of passport re-issuance.
- In view of the Government of Kuwait stipulation that a minimum one year plus validity of Passport is mandatory for affixing/renewal of residency (Iqama) in Kuwait, Passports may be renewed up to 18 months before its expiry without assigning any special reason. Passport renewal applications shall be accepted even before this period, for valid reasons to be given in writing, e.g. Exhaustion of pages due to frequent travels, Change/correction in personal particulars, Splitting name in to Given Name and Surname where the Surname column is blank in the current Passport, Change in marital status, Change in appearance/signature, Minor/major damage (explanation in Annexure-F required), or Loss of valid Passport (Lost Report from local Police authorities and explanation in Annexure-F required).
- An ordinary Passport is valid for ten years from the date of issue. However, the Passport Issuing Authority (PIA) can issue Passport even for a shorter duration. Minor children are issued Passports for 5 years or up to the date of attaining 18 years, whichever is earlier.
Photo Requirements: The photograph should be in colour and of the size of 2 inch x 2 inch (51 mm x 51 mm) and the digital size of file should not exceed 100 KB each and must not be less than 20 KB. Minimum resolution of the file should be 350 pixels (Width) X 350 pixels (Height) and maximum 1000 pixels (Width) X 1000 pixels (Height). Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit and DPI range should be between 200 and 300. The photo print should be clear and with a continuous tone quality. It should have full face, front view, eyes open. Photo should present full head from top of hair to bottom of chin. Center head within frame. The background should be plain white or off white. There should not be any distracting shadows on the face or on the background.
Head coverings are not permitted except for religious reasons. Even when applicant use head coverings in such cases, the facial features from top of forehead to bottom of chin and both edges of the face including eyebrows must be clearly visible in the Photograph. The expression on the face should look natural.
Print photo on thin photo paper or stock. Ensure the print is clear and has a continuous tone quality. Do not retouch or otherwise enhance or soften the photo. Please click here for more Requirement of photograph for passport: Click Here. (Photograph services are available at the BLS center for a fee of 0.300 fills)
Important Notice: It is an offence under the Passport Act 1967 to furnish false information in the application (including in Date of Birth / Place of Birth / Marital Status and Spouse Name / Educational Qualification , Previous Passport details / Emergency Certificate details, Deportation / Repatriation from Foreign Country, Ongoing Criminal Case / Proceedings / Warrant / Summons / Conviction by Court ,Impounding / Revocation of Passports / Denial of Passport Services, Acquisition of Foreign Citizenship / Foreign Passports, Surrender/ Renunciation of Indian Citizenship). Passport facilities would be denied on grounds of suppression of material information, submission of incorrect particulars, wilful damage/loss of Passport or for unauthorized change/tampering. The Passport can be Impounded or Revoked for violation of one or more of the provisions of the Passport Act. It is an offence to hold more than one valid Passport at a time.
Tatkaal Category Passport: Application for urgent issue of Passports under Tatkaal Category, without prior police verification (Pre-PV) should be accompanied by an undertaking in the prescribed format detailing the reason/s of urgency, copy of two photo Identification documents in India in the present address and additional fee of KD 46.000 (in addition to the normal fee as applicable for the specific category).Approval for Tatkaal category service will be granted by the Embassy for applicants meeting the eligibility criteria, based on previous Passport data, supporting documents and relevant guidelines in this regard. Please note that only a Short validity Passport (up to two years validity) may be granted in cases where clear police verification is not available in the previous Passport data of the applicant. Once an application is accepted under Tatkaal Category with additional fee, the Passport will be dispatched within 3 working days.
- Present Address: In the Passport Printable Address details (in India) column, please ensure that complete postal address including PIN code is filled correctly. Please note that Police Verification will be got done in this address. Therefore, Address details, Police Station details, Contact Number and Email Address should be mentioned correctly, supported by valid Proof of Address.
- Residency Requirement: 1. Applicants who do not have valid residency in Kuwait as on the date of application [entry visa, residency expired/not renewed, visit visa (if Passport is Lost or Damaged)] shall be issued only a Short Validity Passport of maximum 2 years period, subject to all other usual checks and procedure. 2. If the residency is due to expire or expiry of residency is anticipated during the application processing/police verification, such applicants are advised to approach the Kuwait Government Authorities concerned for temporary extension of residency (up to 3 months) before submission of Passport renewal application.
Tracking Application Status: Application processing at the Embassy of India involves Document Verification, Previous file/Data check and Granting (maximum up to 4-5 working days), after which Police Verification will be initiated (where necessary) at your Present Address in India. Please use Application Reference Number (e.g: xx-xxxxxxxxxx) and your Date of Birth to track your application processing status at https://portal5.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html .If the status is shown as “Passport Application is Under Review at Indian Embassy”, it indicates that your application is pending with the respective State Police authorities for verification. Verification status can be checked from the police authorities using the ‘File Number (KUxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)’ sent to the email address provided by you in the Passport application, or with old Passport particulars. Time taken for Police Verification by State Police authorities vary from State to State in India. While it is completed within 5-7 days in some places, it might take up to 30-32 days in other places. After receipt of Clearance from the respective SP Office/Commissioner’s Office, the printing process will begin. After Printing, Lamination and Stamping the new Passport will be handed over (maximum 2-3 working days) to BLS Center for delivery (pick up at the respective Center or despatch by courier, as the case may be).
Police Verification: Passport applicants may kindly note that the prior police verification (Pre - PV) in India is mandatory in cases where clear verification is not available in the previous Passport data (in other cases also Embassy may initiate Police Verification after issue of the Passport). Time taken for verification by State Police authorities differ from State to State. Since State Police Authorities in India are authorized up to 30 days for completing verification, applicants are advised to make provision for a minimum of 45 days for application processing, which involves Document and Data Verification, Granting, Police Verification, Printing, Lamination and Despatch of Passports. In cases where prior police verification (Pre-PV) is not required, application processing will be completed in the Embassy and Passport dispatched to the applicant within 5-7 working days. Cases where incomplete application, incorrect details, photographs not as per prescribed format, signature mismatch, lack of supporting documents, absence of prescribed Annexures/Declarations etc, are noticed at the time of processing, applicants will be required to visit the Embassy/BLS Outsourcing Center to complete the documentation, and this period will be added to the processing time.
BLS International offers "Value Added Services" for the Convenience of applicants at centres.