JOURNALIST VISA - REQUIREMENTS & DETAILS
Requirements for a journalist visa
- Detailed request letter (mentioning the applicant's personal particulars, company profile, purpose, and duration of visit ) from the Singapore Company in original on company letterhead with the company stamp.
- Detailed invitation letter (mentioning the applicant's personal particulars, company profile, purpose, and duration of visit ) from a recognized Indian Company.
- Copies of the Certificate of incorporation of the Indian company and ACRA details of the Singapore company are also required.
- All the journalist visa applications will be referred to HCI Singapore for pre-approval.
- Submission of application, passport, and required fees will be accepted only once the pre-approval process is completed.
- Please read General Instructions of Visa https://www.blsindia.sg/visa.php
- Visa application has to registered on the link https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa under Regular Visa application. After saving the application a print out of the application should be signed by the applicant. Fax Form for Visa needs to submitted along with Visa application for all Non-Singapore National.
- Visa Application Form should be completely filled and signed by the applicant.
- Photocopy of the passport bio- page and Original passport with validity at least six months beyond the Validity of visa.
- Minimum two visa blank pages should be available to stamp the visa.
- All applicants applying for visa must bring passport copy and IC copy (NRIC, Re-entry permit, EP, S Pass or work-permit)
- 1 latest white background passport size photograph. Photograph should be taken less than 6 months.
- Journalists and media personnel travelling to India for professional/work related /tourism or for any other purpose except for employment in an Indian Media Organisation are advised to apply for Journalist visa.
- Journalists having OCI/PIO cards, intending to visit India, may use the OCI/PIO card in case the visit does not involve restricted areas. If the visit to PAP/RAP areas is involved, the journalists holding OCI/PIO card must approach the High Commission for prior approval to visit restricted/protected areas. List of such areas may be seen at https://www.immigrationindia.nic.in
- Visa applicants are advised to submit their previous cancelled passport along with existing valid passport while processing the visa application at BLS centres.
Fee schedule for journalist visaBLS Service Fee SGD 14.29 Visa Fees and Processing Time
For service-related queries and to check the application status please Email us at email@example.com